booking | Partners | Historical | Contact
Image Map
Pub
Download
Parteners
Practical Info
Contact
Historical
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE OFFICE OF FAIRS AND EXHIBITIONS OF CASABLANCA  
Built in 1952 by famous international architects, the "Grand Palais" which has hosted thousands of successful events for many decades, is today classified ancient memorial.
This vaulted exhibition hall, of 17 m of height in the summit spreading on 200 meters in length and on 91 meter in width, is a column free space representing a world premiere by its size, by the purity of its lines and the rustic character of the construction means of the fifties when it was built.
A second interpretation of the graphic document and the first sketches from the hand of the architect designer, Raymond Lucaud, emphasize the unequalled historic value of this domed architecture. (Annexed doc)
In January, 1950, 31 candidates were authorized to present a project of the construction of the International Fair of Casablanca, among others: the Big Hall “Grand Palais”.
The execution of this project was entrusted to Mr. RAYMOND LUCAUD and Mr. ROBERT MADDALENA
The Big Hall “Grand Palais” Technical data  
- Dimensions: 90 meters in width and 200 meters in length.
- Space : 20.000 m ²
- Height : 17 meters in the axis
- Architecture : the biggest vaulted column free construction in the world In 1953
- The site Construction duration : 365 days
- The construction works executing company: A local company called SELVA
- The executive workforce: approximately 300 Moroccan workers and some executives

The European staff included some executives: the engineer, 2 architects, the controlling bureau SOCOTEC, the entrepreneur and the foreman.
Long years of existence and various stages of evolution  
1937: Establishment Date in the Port of Casablanca  
The International Fair of Casablanca "F.I.C " was first established in 1937 as a limited company with a capital of 4 million francs using at the beginning the Port of Casablanca facilities.
Its main objectives consisted of:
- Popularizing the economic potentialities of the country
- Setting up, widen and reinforce the economic links of Morocco with all Countries
- Contributing to the backing of business relationships within the framework of international cooperation
- Spreading out the cultural and tourist wealth of the country
1952: PRESENT LOCATION  
- Later as from June, 1952, and with the extension of the Port facilities, the F.I.C was transferred to its current place and was managed by the founder company in return of the organization of an annual exhibition called " The International Fair of Casablanca " which could no more take place since 1989 after giving away a big part of its space to the project of the Hassan II Big Mosque
- The " Casablanca Committee of Fairs " chaired by the governor of the Prefecture of Casablanca was created by decree of 26/01/1970, for the organization, the management and the liquidation of any international, regional and local Fair held in Casablanca.
 
1977: creation of The OFEC (DAHIR OF 19/11/1977)  
According to the dahir bylaw n°1.76.535 of 06 chaoual 1397 (September 19th, 1977), the establishment of the Office of Fairs and Exhibitions of Casablanca " O.F.E.C " converted the central committee of fairs of Casablanca to an office, a public institution with a civil personality and with a financial autonomy, placed under the administrative supervision of the Ministry of Trade and industry.
THE OFEC is subjected to the provisions of the Dahir n° 1.59.271 of 17 chaoual on 1399 (April 14th, 1979), establishing the State financial control over Public offices, institutions and Statutory companies, as well as on companies and bodies benefiting from the State financial assistance or from the public authorities.
It is managed by a board of directors chaired by the Ministry of Trade and industry and consisted of the representatives and concerned organization and managed by an appointed General Manager.
 
1987 INTRODUCTION OF SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL SHOWS  
The year 1987 was distinguished by the appointment of the General Manager of the OFEC, on one hand, and by the organization of numerous events and trade shows covering the main sectors of the country economy on the other hand.
THE OFEC increased its activities from 10 shows in 1987, all organized by the OFEC and representing the already mentioned sectors, to 27 shows in 1999 among which 17 events organized by private companies and representing new themes as Optics, Environment, Graphic arts, Logistics and Maintenance, Poultry& farming, Hotel Business, etc…
AFTER THE YEAR 2000 … LIBERALIZATION OF THE EXHIBITION SECTOR INDUSTRY  
Al Dahir Al-Sharif has been amended in 2000 by the law No. 72-99, published in the Official Bulletin on 16/03/2000 and which enlarge the scope of the exhibition Organization by allowing governmental companies, private and professional associations to organize trade fairs.
Accordingly , the Office of Fairs and Exhibitions of Casablanca has become the leader in the Organization of specialized exhibitions aiming at devoting its efforts to the promotion of the Moroccan economy and the establishment of commercial relationships between Moroccan businessmen and their foreign counterparts, and at contributing to the fostering of the image of Morocco in the world.
The OFEC is currently organizing more than 40 events and shows per year including professional exhibitions and trade fairs to support the various vital domestic and foreign activity sectors.